Internal Complaint Committee
The Internal Complaint Committee examines complaints of sexual harassment at workplace within the framework of The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. Essentially the Act provides protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace and for prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto and protects the right of women to work with dignity.
Sexual harassment includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts or behaviour (whether directly or by implication) namely:-
2. A demand or request for sexual favours; or
3. Making sexually coloured remarks; or
4. Showing pornography; or
5. Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature
The Act requires that complaints be filed in written within fifteen days of the incident to any member of the Internal Complaint Committee. For detailed information on the Act, you may refer to Click here.
The college authority ensures this and formed a committee which is revamped time to time. Lately on 5th January, 2016 the committee has been reformed with the following seven members.
2) Dr. Biswarup Saikai, member (9854075378)
3) Capt. (IN) Mukul Kr. Das, Member (9706245790)
4) Mrs. Plabita Baruah, Member (9854672018)
5) Ms. Kongkita Choudhury, Member (8399034266)
6) Dr. Ramesh Ch. Goswami, Member (9435380257)
7) Ms. Baishali Talukdar, Member (8822164781)