Training and Placement Cell
Established in 2014, the training and placement cell of gimt-tezpur is continuously working hard to provide each student a blasting start to their career. in the initial stage, the cell is actively involved in building close relation with the local industries as well as companies outside north east.
To see the practical implementation of the theoretical knowledge students get in the curriculum we are sending them to various industries for summer training programme at the end of fourth and sixth semester for a month or two. along with it the cell is also planning to organize training programme for the faculty members and various workshops related to the curriculum in the near future.
1. INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED
2. NORTH EAST FRONTIER RAILWAY
3. ASSAM GAS COMPANY LIMITED
4. ASSAM POWER GENERATION CORPORATION LIMITED
5. OIL AND NATURAL GAS CORPORATION LIMITED
6. OIL INDIA LIMITED
8. NUMALIGARH REFINERY LIMITED
9. HINDUSTAN PAPER CORPORATION LIMITED
The first batch of outgoing semester students has experienced eight campus recruitment programmes in 2015 in which many of them got absorbed.
The cell is well equipped with excellent infrastructure to support every stage of the placement process. Arrangement for pre-placement talks, interviews, group discussions etc are handled by the cell. earnest efforts are made to attract the best of the recruiters to pick up our students both via on-campus and off-campus recruitment process.
1. KEC INTERNATIONAL
2. HORIZON TELECOM
3. CEASEFIRE INDUSTRIES
5. SHRIRAM TRANSPORT.
• Invitation are send to the companies by the training and placement officer (tpo)
• On receiving the eligibility criteria from a company /organization, a list of interested students satisfying the eligibility criteria of the company concerned is prepared and the requisite data forwarded to the company concerned.
• A suitable data for the company’s visit is worked out.
• After confirmation the placement cell arranges a pre-placement talk.
• The company conducts its selection and shortlists students for the interview.
• The concerned company comes for campus interview and the result is announced usually on the same day.
Mr Pinak Pani Baruah
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Contact No.: +919613562640 (M)
Santanu Chakrabarty (M.E.)
Bhrigu Borthakur (M.E.)
Himangshu Kalita (C.E.)
Bhragab Sharma (C.E.)
Hirak Jyoti Bhattacharjee (E.E.)
Anoopjyoti Nath (E.E.)